Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Cross Country

Growing up, fall was always my favorite season of the year because it meant CROSS COUNTRY SEASON!! And cross country season is the best season of them all. Some of my best high school and college memories are of running and racing with my best friends over hill and dale all over the country.

My season might now be the summer triathlon circuit but fall cross country will always hold a special place in my heart. Today I am at the high school district cross country championships (and blogging from my phone!) to watch Oscar's team try to qualify for the state meet. It is pouring down rain, about 38 degrees and the course is sloppier than sloppy can be. Sounds like a perfect day for a cross country race to me!

Happy fall! :-)


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging from your phone does have some hazards...like sideways pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 Words Beth - Marshall Mangler 50K Trail Run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross country will always hold a very special place in my heart too. I ran in high school and that is how I met my husband! Very special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hartfield acres? i loved CC to becuase it was such a team sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss the good ol muddy XC days! one of my favs was at slippery rock sliding through the mud post race....but ewwww i hated that course

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so miss fall colors! jealous!!

    ReplyDelete