Admission: I didn't take any pictures. What the heck? I must have been too busy having fun...
What I did do:
1) Have an AWESOME time with my family. It's rare that we are all together in one place at one time but when it does happen it's really fun. Many laughs.
2) Lose at mini-golf. I bodly predicted World Dominance on twitter. And then I lost my ball in the water like 20 times. All I can say is, those little fishing nets that they had by each hole came in handy...
3) Lose at Scrabble. I might have won once but I mostly got dominated by my mom, Oscar, my dad... I've become dumber in 2011.
4) Lose at Settlers of Catan. Starting to notice a trend here?
5) Swim at the bubble. The rec center on Hilton Head has an awesome outdoor pool. In the winter they put a big bubble over it. It's a strange little place with the bubble but it's still a great place to swim with cool water and a digital pace clock (love).
6) Run. Lots of it. A good deal of it in the rain but also some of it in beautiful, warm, sunny weather. Oh yes! And I had a running partner for 100% of my runs in Oscar. :)
7) Eat lots of good food. YUM. I had some GREAT workouts when I was down in SC which I can only attribute to being fueled by my mom's excellent cooking. :)
In short, it was a great time. We got home early evening on Thursday and now it's back to work! Well, not really. It's back to work on Monday. First we must celebrate the New Year! Like last year, O and I will be ringing in the New Year with many of our triathlon friends. This time though, I'm going to try to get home before 4 am. That is one PR I don't want to be breaking... :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful start to 2012! Happy New Year!