First, I woke up BEFORE my alarm! This almost never happens because, well, I really like to sleep and could probably sleep all day long if given the opportunity. Nonetheless, this morning I woke up at 5:30 am and stared at the clock until it rung at 6 am. Not only does this mean I was well rested but I was also VERY excited for...
The Pittsburgh Triathlon Club's 100x100 workout!
|Kind of hard to see us all but we had an awesome group! :)|
We did the workout in a pool that I've been to a handful of times (like when my YMCA closes for weeks on end for no apparent reason) and it is a strange little place. Some people call it The Cocoon. Oddly enough, there are about 5 or 6 (or 12?) cats running around on the pool deck and 1 that lives in the women's locker room. I kid you not. Exhibit A:
|Very cocoon like.|
Here are some things I learned:
1) Fatigue started to show a bit around 7000 in but fatigue REALLY showed up big time from about 8500 on. I swam pretty much every single repeat in the 1:18-1:22 range but at the end I felt like I was putting in a 1:10 effort and only getting a 1:21 out of it!
2) Chad will almost always think we are on #X when really we are on #X-2. :)
3) I cannot (I repeat CANNOT) chew gummies and swim at the same time. That almost ended very ugly.
4) The workout went much quicker than I imagined it would. Although it was a bit monotonous when we were in the 50s and 60s, when we finished I couldn't believe that we had been swimming for over 2.5 hours!
5) There wasn't much time for talking and joking around but after #1 I did manage to say "only 99 to go!" (*groan*)
6) Swimming with friends was so awesome and most certainly the main reason why I was so excited for this. Special thanks to Matt, Josh, Chad and Chris for putting up with me. I feel very lucky to be a part of this club!
|Chad (center) doesn't look happy in this picture but he secretly loved it and can't wait until the next 100x100! I can't wait either!|
THEN, it was NOODLES time! If you've read this blog long enough, you know that I LOVE Noodles and Company. I never thought the day would come when there was one in Pittsburgh but indeed, crazy things do happen. There will soon be THREE franchises in Pittsburgh, one of which is a cool 5 minute walk from the hospital I work at (trouble). Oscar and I headed there for dinner tonight, my first Noodles meal in ages.
Whew. Wonder how awesome tomorrow will be now? :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!