This weekend I did my final big training for Kona.
YAY - I survived!
On Saturday I had a 4 hour ride with some intervals and then an hour run off the bike, again with some harder running. I felt great. I rode with Ben. I was done by 12:30 pm!
Today I had a 6 hour ride with a 1:20 run off the bike. On my ride I saw many awesome things!
1) A beautiful bluebird. He was so blue!
2) A flock (herd?) of wild turkeys. Made me hungry for Thanksgiving. :)
3) Oscar run a rocking 10K at the Great Race. He ran 35:30 in the midst of marathon training. Speedy!
4) A deserted Fifth Avenue. They close Fifth for the race. Imagine 10,000 cars on this road and that's what Fifth usually looks like. The hospital that I work at is about a block from where I took this picture. I've never seen Ffith so empty! :)
6) 112.16 miles on my bike computer. Just a tick too many. :)
7) A massive bonk just 15 minutes from home. Okay, I guess you don't "see" a bonk...you just feel it! I was so close... I blame it on the headwind for the last hour! Luckily slamming ~450 calories before my T-run did the trick and I felt fine running. :)
And that is that! Now it's time to rest up and pack! Uh-oh...packing...