Wednesday, October 15, 2014

#kona2014 Thank Yous

You didn't really think I'd write a race report without "a few" thank yous, did you?  :)

I had so many for Kona that I decided to just make it it's own separate entity.  It's so hard to even know where to begin.  I feel an amazing amount of gratitude for so many.  Here goes...

My sponsors:

1) Casey and the gang at CID: who would have thought, 2 years ago when we met at the Y, that this is where we'd be now?  I hope you can truly understand the impact that you've had on my career as a triathlete and my ability to chase my dreams.  You have made a world of difference!

2) Coeur: love you guys!  Your support means the world to me.  I have loved watching you grow as a company and see you flourish.  Of course I knew it was inevitable because your product is amazing AND you know how to treat your athletes well.  Best of both worlds.

We had fun at the Coeur booth at the expo.

3) PowerBar: if there is one thing I've learned about racing Ironman, it's that fueling isn't any less important than swim/bike/run!  Thanks for fueling my training and racing efforts for the past 8 years.


4) Rudy Project: like I said in the video, I owe you my life, because you saved it 7 years ago!  THANK YOU!


5) QR: when you spend as much time as I do on a bike, you only ride one you love.  Thanks for making just that bike, for me!  You guys are the best!

6) NormaTec: of all the wonderful triathlon gear I own, my NormaTecs are the only piece that I use EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Including in airports.  Yep, that happened...  THANK YOU!


My QT2 teammates:

I am absolutely honored to be a part of this team.  It was such a treat to see so many of you out on the course, crushing it.  It gave me a boost each and every time!  When I graduated from college and was no longer on a "sports team", I felt a huge void.  QT2 has filled that void plus some!  Thanks for letting me be a part of your squad!

Just a few of the group that raced.

My family and friends:

I so appreciate every note of encouragement, support, good luck and well wishes.  I read every one and they mean the world to me!  Thank you for taking the time to make me smile.

Special thanks to Cait, Mikela and Beth for taking care of me in the weeks leading up to the race.  And to Amber for making me laugh hysterically during those same weeks.  I've never seen anyone smile as much as you!

To Kim: you made Saturday more special for me than you could ever know.  We've come a long way, baby!



And to my mom: I don't know anyone who would consider a "Hawaiian vacation" to be fun when it's filled only with sitting around in a condo, helping me tape things to my bike.  Or worse yet, standing outside in the hot sun all day watching a bunch of skinny people swim, bike and run.  But you do, because you are amazing.  THANK YOU, for always being there.

I'm not usually one for high fives, but for my mom, most definitely.  :)
My coach, Tim:

There aren't words.  So honestly, I'm not even going to try.  Other than to say, "thank you a million times over" isn't even close to being sufficient.  I'm so thankful for you.

And finally, to Oscar:

I remember when I first told you I wanted to try a triathlon.  It wasn't so long ago!  You didn't even blink an eye and told me to go for it.  And your support hasn't wavered one inch since then.  It's been quite a ride, 'eh?  Thank you for loving me through all the ups and all the downs.  And for allowing me to pursue this dream, no matter the financial, physical, or emotional cost.  There is nobody in this world that I'd rather take this journey with.

And with that, the 2014 season is a wrap!  (I tried to talk my way into a fall IM but that got shot down pretty quickly)  It's been a great season.  Now time to rest up, heal up and dream of ways to make 2015 even better!

1 comment:

  1. Beth...congratulations on an amazing year. We're so proud to be associated with you. Your great attitude, willingness to help others and relentless drive make you the embodiment of all our values at Coeur. Enjoy the off season and let's do it again next year! Your friends at Coeur.

    http://www.coeursports.com/

    ReplyDelete