Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Is (SO NOT) In The Air!

Tomorrow is the first day of spring.  But Pittsburgh (and just about all of the northeast, midwest, and other awful places to live) didn't get the memo.  Indeed, yesterday morning when I drove to work it was raining, then snowing, then icing, then slushing and then raining again before it turned back into snow.  I wanted to cry.

But weather aside, it is definitely starting to feel like racing season is here!  And this makes me VERY happy!

Signs that spring/racing season are upon us:

1) I filled out my NCAA basketball bracket.  Go Zags!

2) Last Sunday I spent much of the day refreshing ironman.com so as to track all my friends racing in San Juan and Cabo!  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!  I love this time when either (1) you are racing yourself or (2) your friends are racing and you can follow along with their progress!

3) New tires are glued onto my race wheels and Petey (the bike) is all tuned up and ready to roll!  I only needed all new cables, a new chain, new pedals (at least those were under warranty!), new tires and new shoes!  (what can I say, I'm hard on my bike and all associated equipment)

Very excited about my new shoes. They are nice and light.  And they don't stink.  Yet.

4) Oscar is deep into track coach mode.  I'll see him again after Memorial Day (the weekend of the state track championships in PA).

I cannot WAIT for my first race of the season - Oceanside 70.3 in less than 2 weeks time!  I feel like there will be much rust to bust off and I'm sort of worried I forget how to do this whole triathlon thing.  But I'm *really* looking forward to remembering how!  (also, I *might* look at the Oceanside weather once or 10,000x per day and envision myself in sun and 60s...)

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you get to go to CA soon!!! Brr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh… I know! The weather in Minnesota has been ridiculous. Ten degrees this morning!

    Love the new shoes!

    ReplyDelete