1) I started back to training! It is awesome. I always have and always will love structure in my training and life. I'm pretty sure it's how I'm wired.
2) I'm sore as heck. 3 weeks is plenty of time to get good and out of shape and that's exactly what I did! One round of my core/strength routine and I was having trouble sitting up the next day. Those core muscles get weak in a hurry don't they? (or maybe that's just mine... :)
3) Kim and I (and Oscar too!) visited my college teammate over the weekend. She has the cutest kids ever as evidenced by the picture below. In just one afternoon I learned that (1) being a mom is likely THE hardest job that there ever was and (2) when we have kids I'm going to have to get used to a whole new level of loud. My world is really quiet and most of my time is spend alone or with one other person. 4 kids = a whole lotta crazy!
4) Thanks to an early Christmas gift from my Mom and Dad, Oscar and I are officially owners of the cutest mutt ever!
|Who doesn't love a Christmas sweater?|
6) I've also been riding my road bike which is quite a funny little machine! I feel like I'm lounging on a recliner. And I tried to get down into the (non-existent) aerobars a good 20-30 times in the first hour I was on it. It's pretty odd to me but I'm sure in no time at all I'll get the feel for it and my TT bike will feel foreign!
7) I had another root canal done by my favorite dentist ever and now my mouth is so happy I could do a jig! Root canals are seriously the best procedure ever. I no longer have to live on Motrin and I don't cringe in pain with every swig of cold water!
Hope everyone is getting in the holiday spirit! :)