Friday, September 21, 2012

Thankful

I'm very thankful for many, many things.  Way too many things to list in one blog.  God has blessed me beyond belief.  But I thought I'd list the things I was especially thankful for today.

1) The lifestyle and ability to ride my bike for 6 hours and then run an hour after that on a Friday.  My legs were tired, I was hungry and my butt hurt.  But I couldn't have been more happy to be where I was, when I was.  I don't necessarily think I have an "easy" life (of course it's all relative) but I do know that I have a very, very good life.

2) A body that will do more than I think it will and one that is healthy and strong.

3) A pup that greets me at the door when I get home from my training and that licks my salty legs while I lay on the kitchen floor.

"Yes, I'm cute.  Now let me lick your salty legs!"

4) Absolutely AWESOME weather.  It was a cracker of a day!

5) A coach that believes in me enough to really challenge me.

6) Rising to a challenge, even when I thought I couldn't.

7) A super, awesome friend to ride with.  Kim totally got me out of bed this morning.  If I hadn't been meeting her to ride, I still might be hiding under the covers.  Plus, Kim tells really funny stories.

The self portrait always lends to very good photography.  (I'm laughing...not crying :)

8) A tailwind for the last hour of my ride.

I'm sure tomorrow will bring a whole new list of things to be thankful for.  God is good.  All the time.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments: