These past two weeks I've:
1) Slept. A lot.
2) Went to the movies with Oscar. And ate lots of popcorn.
3) Missed running.
4) Missed swimming.
5) Kind of missed riding.
6) Bought a dress. This was somewhat productive. For most women this would be a routine task, yet it was quite an undertaking for me. It required outside help (my friend Kristen) and there was some weeping and gnashing of teeth. I dislike shopping but we got 'er done.
7) Learned how to butterfly! This is perhaps the most exciting development of the past 2 weeks. I've been going to masters and even attempted the Tuesday "off stroke" workout. My lanemates quickly grew tired of me substituting free for fly so they gave me a fly lesson after practice. It's not nearly as complex a stroke as I thought and I kind of like it!
8) Bought a minivan. Not sure how this one happened! Oscar has wanted a minivan since we got married. I brazenly declared that I would NEVER own a minivan. At first it was not a real problem because we could not afford one. Then, as the financial issue became less of an issue, gas prices soared and I was able to reason that such an inefficient vehicle didn't make sense. But Oscar was starting to wear me down. Every time I struggled to get all my luggage or my bike into our tiny car, Oscar pointed out how nice a minivan would be. While I was in Arizona (before he joined us), Oscar went minivan shopping. (sneaky!) And when I got back, I somehow got talked into joining in the minivan search. On Saturday we drove one home. I'm probably going to love it and it's cavernous interior. But right now I kind of feel like a soccer mom without any soccer kids.
9) Dreamed big dreams for 2014.
Here's to getting back in the groove of "on season"!